Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Protein-Packed Breakfast Bars

I came across a version of this recipe in the comments section of a post on the kitchn.  I modified it based on what I had, and I think it's a keeper!  There is lots of potential for yummy variations, and best of all, it was fast.






You will need:
1 1/2 C. Oats
1 1/4 C. protein powder (any flavor you like/have)
1 C. peanut butter
1/2 C. honey

Directions:
Melt the peanut butter and honey together over a double boiler or in the microwave, until combined.  Add the protein powder and oats.  The mixture can get a little dry, so you may want to knead it a bit with your hands (be careful if the mixture is still warm).  Press into an ungreased 8x8" pan.  Cover loosely with waxed paper and put in the fridge to cool for at least one hour.  Cut bars for serving. Makes 9 bars.






Easy, tasty, and quick in the morning.  I plan on eating these with some fruit and a mug of black tea.

No comments: