Monday, November 16, 2009

Pumpkin Curry Soup

I made this soup a few days after the pumpkin coconut bread to use up the rest of my coconut milk and pumpkin puree. I added in some veggies that I needed to use up. First I made a curry paste with butter, flour, and curry powder (like a curry roux). Then I added a box of vegetable stock and the chopped veggies (potatoes, carrots) and brought it all to a boil. Then I added the coconut milk and the pumpkin and stirred it in, and I brought the whole thing to a boil, then I let it simmer for a bit. I added in the green onions at the end. Seasoned to taste (it could have used a bit more salt). Pretty tasty and super fast and easy to make. I think this one might be good to experiment with in a slow cooker, and maybe with chicken and chicken broth.

No comments: