Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving!

The turkey - brined and herbed.

Pear, kiwi, and pomegranate "salad" - pretty and tasty.

Sweet potatoes mashed with coconut milk, cardamom, cayenne, and vanilla, then baked for an hour with pecans. The flavors intensified with baking. Delicious and not so goopy-sweet as holiday sweet potatoes often are.

Apple-cranberry-sausage stuffing. This was my contribution to dinner. Tasty, but a bit dry. I would use more stock next time.

Roasted vegetables with ginger. It was broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, and yellow/orange/purple carrots. Yum yum!

Garlic mashed potatoes with fried shallots to garnish.

My plate. I think I was only able to eat half of everything. It was yummy :)

Turkey stock made with the carcass, leftover herbs, onion, carrot, and celery. A little cloudy, but I think it will be delicious when I use it!

No comments: